Saturday, December 8, 2007

Back to Cali

Last weekend I went to Los Angeles to the KU/USC basketball game and hung out with my old roommates, Tiffany, Joleen and Derec. It was so much fun and so good to be back in the great state of California...where there is no smoke in the bars (counting down the days to Jan 1 when Chi-town goes smoke-free) and no sleet or snow. It was actually hot enough on Tuesday to lay out and swim in Derec's pool. Much to my dismay, though, it was snowing when my plane landed at Midway that very same night. I'm not sure how many winters I can last in Chicago, I'm already sick of it and it hasn't even officially started yet. I did invest in some lovely blue snow boots. Pretty sure if I wore them with striped knee socks and carried a wand I could pass for Rainbow Brite. :) Here's a few pictures from the extended weekend.

Tiffany inside Sprinkles, we waited outside in line for about 20 minutes for these delicious cupcakes.















Tiffany and me chillin' in Derec's condo lobby before we headed out Saturday night.



















Me and Derec at the game. We were close to the top, but still a great view. Not as high as the nosebleeds in Allen.














Monday, Derec and I hiked up to the Hollywood sign. I am so not used to the altitude or walking up hill anymore!















Me being silly on the way down.

No comments:

About The Author

My photo
Mwanza, Tanzania
I am originally from Kansas, but have lived in KC, San Diego and Chicago working in the media and event planning industries. I am currently the Administrative Director at JBFC (Janada Batchelor Foundation for Children) in Kitongo, Tanzania. This is just outside Mwanza, on beautiful Lake Victoria.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter