Ok, so I realize I haven't written anything for an extremely long time and what's the fun in that?!? I just haven't had anything revolutionary to write about. That, and I've been so busy at work since September I haven't been able to see straight. My roommate has mono. I'm going to the doctor in about 5 minutes to get tested. Sadly, I secretly hope I have it so that I can take 12 weeks off of work and well, not work. Shh, don't tell.
Since it's been so long since I wrote a post, I decided to paste a little diddy I did for Facebook last week. It is just random things/thoughts about me that may be of interest for some, mostly I just think it's funny. Which means I think I'm funny, which explains why I always laugh at my own jokes before I can even get them out of my mouth. Anyway, enjoy...
1)I have my dad's middle name, because I have 3 older sisters and he gave up hope and figured I was the next best thing to a boy. This has probably proven to be fairly accurate.
2)I started swimming competitively when I was 8 and I'm still really good friends with most of the people that I started with. I get really annoyed with people at the Y that don't know how to share a lane. I've been yelled at by an old lady for hitting her under the lane rope. Hey, it happens.
3)I worked at a skating rink my freshman year of college. But not the cool job as the skate guard, I was too clumsy, so I worked behind the snack counter. Because of this, I really can't eat nacho cheese at concession stands.
4)I was born into a Jayhawk household and can go on at length about the history of Kansas basketball and don't really understand people that are not passionate about some kind of sports team. I get grouchy when I miss a big game for people's weddings and such.
5)I will not wear purple because it is a K-State color and inadvertently turn my nose up at people that do.
6)I will never truly befriend anyone that went to the University of Missouri. The Antlers, Stormin' Norman and Quin Snyder all make me want to barf. I have a couple friends that fall under #2 that have been grandfathered in, but we rarely talk anymore. Charlie- call me!
7)I ran a half marathon on the Great Wall of China in 2005, followed by the Chicago Marathon later that year.
8)My (Catholic) grade school mascot was the Trojans and my junior high the Rough Riders.
9)I have a signature dance move that consists of me raising my hands up in the air. I do not think I actually do this, but my friends swear I do it all the time.
10)You can tell I'm drunk in a picture when I smile with my mouth open.
11)I once fell out of my friend Dana's Jeep and into a ditch... it wasn't moving (See #3). Oh and it was in front of an entire party.
12)I wrecked 2 cars within 3 days in high school. The 2nd one, which I totaled, was my parents brand new car that I was not supposed to be driving when we were out toilet papering houses. I did and was grounded (only time ever) and this was also the only time I ever heard my dad use the F word. As in, “What the F*** were you thinking?”
13)There's only one bar in the world that I can still go to and the bartender knows my name and my drink. The Local in downtown San Diego.
14)I've made two quilts in my life, both with my mother's help, but I picked the fabric and sewed all the pieces together.
15)I'm allergic to aspirin and ibuprofen and have been probably forever, but figured it out in high school when my eyes kept swelling shut. This still does not stop my mom and sisters from offering it to me whenever I am home and have a headache.
16)I have dreams about hanging out with famous people. For instance two weekends ago I dreamt that I was partying with the Obamas. The next night I dreamt Leonardo Di Caprio was my boyfriend and we were returning a movie to Wal-mart in Coffeyville, KS.
17) I don't like dogs. If you can find a dog that doesn't shed, jump, poop, bark, growl, lick or slobber I might change my mind. I once peed my pants in 1st or 2nd grade because a dog ran into our classroom. I also spent my friend BF's entire birthday party treading water in his grandparents swimming pool because there were dogs running around. All that being said, I have the perfect name picked out for a dog – Phog. There are three dogs I know that I think are OK - Cooper, Kedan, and Tate. Oh, and somewhat ironically, I bawled during Marley and Me.
18)Speaking of slobber, I have slobber issues, potentially due to my older sister Melanie pinning me down and spitting on me when I was little. I gag when I see people's spit or them brush their teeth (even on TV) and sometimes when I brush my own.
19)I am allergic to cats and used this as an excuse to not stay over at my sister Denise's house when my parents went out of town in high school.
20)My sister Denise was also my 7th grade Kansas history teacher. I once raised my hand in class to ask for a ride home because my mom went shopping in Tulsa that day. When she called on me I tried to say never mind, but she forced me to say why I had raised my hand. Awkward. She also commented on my grade card that she needed to “confer with parents”.
21)My other sister Debbie zipped my belly up in my snowsuit zipper when I was 4. I still have flashbacks about this every time I zip something up.
22)I have a fear of escalators. I fear that my shoestrings will get sucked in and then my feet will be crushed or worse my scarf, and that I choke to death. I have to ride at least one escalator everyday to get to work.
23)I'm sarcastic and/or joking most of the time. It's weird to me when people don't get it, but even worse when they don't dish it back.
24)I say weird combinations of cuss words that don't make sense, like Jesus Tits.
25)I've been dying to do this for 2 weeks but have been too busy at work to actually do it. :(
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About The Author
- Melinda Wulf
- Mwanza, Tanzania
- I am originally from Kansas, but have lived in KC, San Diego and Chicago working in the media and event planning industries. I am currently the Administrative Director at JBFC (Janada Batchelor Foundation for Children) in Kitongo, Tanzania. This is just outside Mwanza, on beautiful Lake Victoria.
No comments:
Post a Comment