Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Murphy's Law

Murphy's law is an adage in Western culture that broadly states that things will go wrong in any given situation, if you give them a chance. (source Wikipedia)

Friday when my dad was getting in the car his legs gave out and he collapsed in the driveway. Our neighbors (Larry & Kathy Fischer) were unable to get him up and back in the house so they had to call 911. Doc Gillis came to the house later in the day to check my dad out and was concerned that my dad had no feeling whatsoever in his left leg.

He had an MRI done first thing Saturday morning where they discovered two new cancer lesions on his spinal cord. They immediately drove to Tulsa to begin radiation on his back. He will undergo 10 total treatments on his back. They started them in Tulsa but went back to Coffeyville today to finish out the rest of them at CRMC.

I'll keep you posted, in the meantime, please do keep me and my family in your thoughts.

2 comments:

Joy said...

So sorry to hear this news. Your dad and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I'm really sad to hear about this Woofie. Let me know if you need anything. I'm thinking about you and the family.

About The Author

My photo
Mwanza, Tanzania
I am originally from Kansas, but have lived in KC, San Diego and Chicago working in the media and event planning industries. I am currently the Administrative Director at JBFC (Janada Batchelor Foundation for Children) in Kitongo, Tanzania. This is just outside Mwanza, on beautiful Lake Victoria.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter